10 Things We’ll Miss
With the end in sight we have been thinking about the things we’ll miss most when our 15 month cycle tour comes to an end. Here is our list:
1. The freedom and the adventure.
2. Connecting instantly with other like minded cycle tourers.
3. The ability to get “under the skin” of the countries we passed through and at times feeling like minor celebrities with all the attention our bikes commanded.
4. Wild camping in the Australian Outback – sitting around our camp fire at night and star gazing, and waking up in the morning to the sounds of kangaroos jumping around our tent.
5. Those first few moments of a shower after some hard days cycling and wild camping.
6. Having few possessions and responsibilities.
7. Regularly experiencing the kindness of strangers, whether it be a bed for the night, a warm cuppa or just the thumbs up as we cycle past.
8. Feeling fitter, stronger and healthier than ever before.
10. The immense feeling of satisfaction having made it to our destination after a hard day’s cycling. ||